I will admit, I do like zucchini but it most certainly is not my absolute favorite and I would not usually choose it over other veggies BUT I found this recipe on Pinterest a few months ago and added it to my Recipes board to try on my own later on. After stopping at a farmers market stand on Route 13 this past July 4th weekend, I saw some zucchinis and reminded myself that I had been wanting so desperately to try this recipe for my own. It is SO simple and was TOTALLY WORTH IT. I very highly recommend this for a quick lunch, appetizer, or meal side! Enjoy!
- 2 Zucchinis (I prefer smaller in diameter for these), thinly sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lg eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
- 1 cup Panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- In medium bowl, combine parmesean cheese and Panko
- In 2 seperate small bowls, set flour and eggs.
- Working in batches of 6-7 zucchini slices, coat first in flour, drench in egg, then cover as much as possible in parmesean-panko mixture.
- Places coated zucchini slices in the skillet, allowing about 1 min on each side to cook until golden and crispy!
- Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate until all batches have been cooked.
- Serve immediately with ranch dressing!*
These super yummy-in-my-tummy veggie deliciousnesses taste just as good microwaved later on in the day or you can reheat them for a few minutes in the oven!
*I prefer them with ranch dressing over any other condiment, but they’ll taste great with anything!
Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment!
I only post delicious and simple recipes, so if you’re all about simple and delicious, don’t hesitate to click that Follow button!